Saturday, October 25, 2008

Menno Cross

Well as the poster said, it may not make you a martyr, but if you do it right its gonna hurt.... and damn it hurt!! It started with the run for your bikes start (Lemans start I think they call it??) Anyways, thanks to my 2 mile long stride I made it too my bike first and was leading for a while until it started getting technical where I was promptly passed by Tomek and Dylan... then caught and passed by a few more until I settled into my uncomfortable zone... the weather looked like it was going to hold until little rain drops soon turned into hail stones bashing us... combined with the strong NW wind (50kmh+) and the occasional crack of thunder (Yes thunder at the end of October)
I can't complain.. I rode once all week, and hit the gym twice... its time to buckle down again for winter training... Looks like tomorrows Psycho Cross at Whittier is going to be more of the same weather as today... strong NW winds 50-70kmh they say, aand only +5 for a high with showers in the morning... looks like by 1Pm when I start the mess is supposed to be passed through...