Saturday, April 4, 2009

Computrainer Hill Intervals

Well instead of riding outside... sorry guys.. its still too cold for me, in a few days this subzero crap will all become normal and all too familair again... I elected to do some ergvideo hill intervals.. Is et my threshold @ 300 watts, and it controls the rest.. keep pushing or ye shall stop dead.. its in erg mode.. you can't make the watts.. its GAME OVER.... The workout consisted of 6X6 minutes at approximately 110% of threshold.. each interval worked out in the 325 watt average range.. well except that last one where I was caught off guard and it ramped up to 360 watts and I started to bog.. Iquickly lowered my threshold to 280 watts and completed that one with about a 290 watt average.. not bad considering before I went to Hawaii after the 3rd one of these I was ready to barf.. sooo I gained some pretty decent power there... Id hope I would anyways seeing you couldnt turn anywhere without getting shot up into the sky... which brings me to next year.. getting ready to book already March 12-April 4... cant book the return yet though because you cant book that far in advance... Below is the image of my power profile for todays hill (hell) fest...