Saturday, April 4, 2009

Post Maui Depression

Thats what it is... what a depressing place Winnipeg is after getting back from Hawaii... Especially with all this f***king snow all over the place... and the fact that it keeps on doing it... what happened "April showers" there will be no May flowers because the ground is still going to be frozen solid!!! Maui is a different place... there are actually people outside jogging, and cycling, and WANTING to be fit.. then I got home to porky mainland....

Well between a few Computrainer rides, stripping my bike down and rebuilding it, and work.. and losing my precious Hawaiian suntan.... I cant wait to get back outside.. Its nice to see a long weekend coming up.. and forecast highs of 8 to 10 degrees the whole time... NICE... that equates to about 300km outside easily in my books... so only 6 more Computrainer rides which Ill be sure to pick the hardest ones in the program to do.. I shouldn't really complain about that Computrainer.. I could probably ride it all summer and be in better shape than riding outdoors.. I like the idea of being able to control the workout on the trainer... Like really... if you are scheduled to do an ultra easy 140 watt average recovery ride... how do you do that here when in one direction you are fighting normally a 30kmh+ headwind... even going 25kmh into that wind you would be generating over 200 watts at that point... I also like the idea on the Computrainer of being able to set the interval at 300 watts, and maintain that solid 300 watts... changes in the road, wind, draft etc all effect the interval..

Anyways, time to finish rebuilding the Hawaii bike, installing Super Record 11s on my Prince, and then to ride... may even take a drive out to BHP later to check on the road conditions..